Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Risotto Alla Milanese

Last night was a pretty good recipe. It was a lovely cheesy risotto that I served with a nice salad and Parmesan cheese bread. YUM!!!

Here is the pic....
A couple of things to note....Marsala and Masala are NOT the same thing....one is wine...the other is spice. Thank YOU cookbook writer for not saying WINE and guy at the grocery store who pointed me to the spice and not the wine. Luckily...I noticed the error before adding 1/4 of a CUP of spice to my rice! Sadly, it had no wine in it, but still was tasty. And luckily Masala isn't expensive, I might need to buy an Indian cookbook just to use it! It looks like Beau Monde. Don't know why I put that in, but it does. And its my blog and I can write what I want.

Should you want to try this recipe with no wine, I would double the cheese (as I did) so it has some flavor.  I think even a sharp white cheddar would be excellent in this.

It was set as a main dish in this cookbook. I think it would be fine as a side. It is lovely and creamy and sticky. As I write this, my stomach growls for more. I have so many other recipes to go.

My adorable granddaughter (Lyla) loved it so much that I had to brush it out of her hair! That and a few Oreo cookie crumbs. Hey, its Nana's house. Cookies go with every meal.

I have noticed that a few of the recipes I've chosen are comfort food types. So all.....white. I think for the next round I'll try and do more veggie heavy recipes. We need to eat healthier.

I think I'd like to add a new rule too. No more beef. I haven't eaten beef in years. But wanted so badly to have the broccoli beef recipe from a few days ago. So I did....and boy oh boy...yea. Not pretty. So I think I'll stick to chicken for future recipes. Beef is just too hard on my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment