Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Double Recipe Day!!

Today was delish, and okay, and YECHY!!!

Since life is short, lets do dessert first. I made a Pineapple Upside Down cake from my Southern Living 1988 Annual Recipe book. I know that isn't one of the two I'm working out of right now, but Mom was over and it is her favorite. And the recipe is PERFECT! I follow this recipe to the T's. But use fresh pineapple instead of canned. It tastes so much better.

Next lets move to the okay. I did Honga's chicken Salad. It was okay. I was surprised how well the oranges went with the chicken, and of course the avocado in it is amazing and that goes without saying. ;-) Avocado is good on just about anything.
 The YECHY was the dressing in the above recipe. It was so awful. I am glad I didn't put it on my salad. I decided to try it before putting it on. It was nasty. I think it was the sesame oil I didn't like.
I even took a picture. As you can see it looks like mud! Even my mom didn't like it. She said to be sure and note on the blog how awful it was! HA!
I do think I'll make the salad again. I will just use a new dressing. I quite liked the oranges in it. Mom suggested that I could use mandarins but I think the regular oranges were quite tasty. Not too sweet. Perfect!

I will be taking the next few days off. Tomorrow I go to the movies with a friend and Friday Mom and I are going out to dinner. So I'm on break until ...oh wait. I wont be cooking Saturday either. I have a baby shower. So Sunday I might cook. We shall see. I do need to plan out my meals for the next two weeks. We shall see...we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment